The promotion of Washington DC as a meeting destination to the international convention market. Develop, solicit and book international conventions and meetings
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)
1. Develop, administer and manage international and marketing programs, projects, special events and overseas relations including but not limited to sales missions, educational trips, and trade shows.
2. Develops annual budget proposal, outlining sales activities and promotions.
3. Develops annual plan review and ROI document.
4. Works with Vice President of Sales and Convention Services to develop strategy in media and marketing.
5. Develop positive and effective relationships between Destination DC and local/regional members to strengthen linkages and produce mutually beneficial results.
6. Lead and participate in efforts to improve the destination's image and develop new initiatives for the promotion of Washington, DC around the world.
7. Oversee and conduct regular meetings with members for the purpose of developing and maintaining a target list of international accounts who have the potential to meet in the DC area.
8. Direct regular meetings for the purpose of involving Destination DC members in sales missions, educational trips, trade shows and other activities designed to bring additional international meetings to the DC area.
9. Administer annual Consumer Advisory Board and engage members throughout the year.
10. Mange the Ambassador Circle and its diverse members throughout the year and target segments for member growth.
11. Engage with Events DC to showcase investment ROI and Annual Plans in order to secure annual funding.
12. Meet annual sales goals as established by the Vice President of Sales and Convention Services.
13. Perform any additional duties as may be assigned by the Vice President of Sales and Convention Services.