Director of Sales will directly manage The Greater Phoenix Convention & Visitors Bureau’s citywide sales staff, and hotel resort sales staff including satellite office staff in Washington DC, Chicago, IL, and Austin, TX (10-15 direct reports). This position will report directly to the VP of Sales & Services with expectation of the ability to manage information and department direction vertically through the VP of Sales & Services, Executive Vice President/COO and President & CEO. The position will be based in Phoenix and will travel 25%.
Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to the following)
- Oversee GPCVB account and client database to ensure information integrity and operational guidelines are met.
- Administer Program of Work (Travel Schedule) ensuring timelines, programs, and budgets are intact.
- Assist VP of Sales & Services in leading Sales Team to achievement of production goals.
- Must have excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Must display ability to lead in team environment and represent GPCVB in professional manner at local and industry events.
- Provide monthly Office Production Reports to VP of Sales & Services
Ø Citywide Production and Activity Report
Ø Hotel/Resort Forecast and Activity Report for all remote offices
- Assist VP of Sales & Services in coordinating and leading monthly production strategy meetings with downtown hotels and convention center
- Meet monthly with Sales Mgrs. to review sales funnel & forecast productivity.
- Oversee weekly activity and schedules for remote offices & communicate to VP of Sale & Services
- Perform Annual Review for Sales Managers and oversee sales support staff reviews.
- Review and approve sales leads prior to distribution.
- Lead coordination of Tradeshow and Promotional Events (i.e. Industry Meetings, BET’s, and Sales Missions).
- Coordination of Quarterly Update Meetings with member hotels/resorts regarding production forecast and GPCVB programs.
Knowledge of: principles and techniques related to hospitality, convention and city wide sales.
Skilled in: leading, directing, supervising, and evaluating the work of others; evaluating sales procedures; formulating long-range sales plans; establishing and maintaining effective working relations with others; budget preparation and of the formulation of programs and operational plans; strategic planning; preparing and administering budgets; communicating effectively in both verbal and written forms; utilizing strong presentation methods; providing leadership and resolving conflict.
Technology: The CVB uses Simple View CRM
CVB sales leadership experience is preferred, however, experience leading a sales team from a major convention hotel that has a connection piece to a convention center may be considered.
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred or seven years of progressively responsible experience in convention sales including at least four years at an executive level as a Director of Sales.