Visit Sacramento, recognized as one of Sacramento’s top employers, is seeking a results-driven, forward-thinking, and dynamic Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to thoughtfully lead our organization towards its mission. Visit Sacramento is a family of brands including America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital, Sacramento Sports Commission, Film Sacramento, Sacramento 365 and Sac Event Crew.
As CEO, you will work closely with the Board of Directors to promote Sacramento as a premier visitor destination. We are seeking an experienced thought leader who will build on our existing strengths and relationships while identifying new and unique opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years in a destination management organization (DMO), most recently at either the #2 spot in a large DMO or as CEO/President of a smaller DMO. Interested parties should submit their resume and cover letter no later than Friday, March 3, 2017.
- Oversees all administrative, operating and marketing functions of Visit Sacramento.
- Advises the Chairman of the Board, the Board and other committees as designated.
- Oversees the creation of financial reports and annual audit reports in accordance with procedures approved by the Board.
- Develops and supervises the implementation of an annual operating and marketing plan in order to promote the destination to local, state, regional, national and international audiences. Directs the preparation of the annual budget that supports these activities and presents it to the Board for approval.
- Attends all meetings of the membership, the Board and other designated committees in an advisory, non-voting capacity.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing effective communications with members, government leaders, business and cultural institution leaders, convention and event planners, and the local tourism industry.
- Represents Visit Sacramento at selected local, state, regional and national conventions that serve to foster the betterment of Visit Sacramento’s mission.
- Develops and maintains effective organizational policies and ensures all Visit Sacramento activities are implemented within these established policies, guidelines, laws and ethical standards.
- Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates assigned personnel; coordinates staff training; oversees implementation of discipline and termination procedures for all staff members.
- Establishes goals for individual departments and assists staff in order to meet those goals.
- Prepares and submits applications for external funding.