Client Services Manager
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, Inc. is a non-profit, non-member organization governed by a board of 11 community individuals. SMTT is the official travel and tourism promotion agency for the City of Santa Monica. It is our job to promote Santa Monica and encourage visitors to stay longer and enjoy more of what our destination has to offer. SMTT operates five (5) locations: Visitor Information Kiosk in Palisades Park; Visitor Information Center at the Santa Monica Pier; Visitor Information Cart on the 3rd Street Promenade; Visitor Information Center on Main Street; and, a Mobile Information Vehicle. For more information, please visit www.santamonica.com.
This position acts as the project lead for all SMTT services related to clients, partners and community. This includes stakeholder meetings, and SMTT involvement and/or sponsorship at community and industry events (ie Chamber of Commerce, CalTravel, US Travel Association). The Client Services Manager also serves as the key contact to partner venues, restaurants and attractions and in conjunction with group sales manager, develops opportunities to drive business to these partners. This position also helps support group sales efforts through organizing and conducting site inspections and educating clients on SMTT’s client service programs.
- Oversee SMTT client services budget and deliverables for FYE 16/17 budget.
- Management of Client Services Assistant including goal setting and performance review in partnership with Business Development Team Managers.
- Act as lead project management for large scale service programs both internally and externally. ?Serve as lead on in-house meeting and event planning such as quarterly DOSM and Roundtable meetings. ?
- Leads planning and staffing for iAm Santa Monica classes. ?
- Serve as SMTT liaison for any designated City discussions and subsequent reporting to SMTT leadership on planning and development of new or re- constructed meeting space, venues, hotels or public space used for groups or events. ?
- Manage client services assistant and direct staffing on key citywide services, events and ad hoc programs as assigned. ?
- Represent SMTT as a spokesperson in daily interactions with clients, SMTT partners, industry programs and events. ?
- Lead planning, staffing and execution of community events (in partnership with Director of Visitor Experience where appropriate) ie community festivals, Chamber of Commerce events, holiday BID events.?
- Serve as key liaison to SMTT dining, event venue and attraction partners, and look for opportunities to increase business to these partners. ?
- Work with all SMTT departments to build cohesive strategies to help educate partners and local community, including fam tour planning for business development, MICE and media.