- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a preferred degree in public relations, communications or related.
- Four (4) years of experience in public relations, media relations, communications – preferably in a tourism-related or consumer driven industry.
- If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses may be required at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
- Candidates are allowed to substitute two years of related experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience.
- Applicants selected for employment with Visit San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional backgrounds checks may be conducted.
Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 10 to 15 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal communications – at ease with media interviews, and prepping others for interviews as well (talking points, spokesperson training, etc.)
- Savvy to trends that influence consumer behavior, drive headlines, create buzz and identify alignment or opportunities for destination toward organizational goals.
- Exhibit pro-active and creative PR approaches; while maintaining client service for incoming inquiries.
- Ability to handle deadline driven environment; shifting priorities driven by last-minute opportunities, market changes and/or industry demands.
- Strong knowledge of PR tools and channels e.g.: newswires, media databases (Cision).
Ability to build and maintain close, collaborative relationships with all levels of the organization to ensure alignment and integration of messages and initiatives.
- Superior organizational and problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Exhibit flexibility as Destination PR can require after-hours, evenings as needed.
- Exhibit exceptional teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.