PLEASE NOTE: This position is open to New York City, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco locations.
JLL’s Hotels & Hospitality Group is currently seeking a seasoned professional to join our Tourism Consulting team as VP - Tourism. JLL’s tourism practice provides strategic planning, development and other related advisory services to destinations targeting larger DMOs and tourism organizations. Locations include several JLL Hotels & Hospitality group offices including New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angeles, or Miami.
Candidates need to be an accomplished professional with experience in tourism or destination management, demonstrated leadership, project management, and have the ability to balance client-related demands while planning, managing, and executing consulting services.
The position will require supervision and execution of a wide variety of tourism related assignments.
- Lead tourism projects with direct client interface.
- Function as the primary contact on assignments with an Executive Vice President or Managing Director providing strategic support, and analysts and associates providing execution support.
- Provides onsite leadership with client and stakeholder interface
- Create and manage to project budgets
- Direct analysts and research teams on scope execution
- Develop client recommendations
- Draft reports, proposals, and presentations
- Present final reports and recommendations to clients and broader constituents with ability to sell recommendations to public officials
- Support goal setting and marketing plan for new Tourism business generation
- Provide direction, support, training and mentoring for the Tourism Practice Team
- Introduce JLL Tourism services to potential clients
- Ability to work with a geographically diverse team and without daily supervision
- Strong problem solver
- Strong client communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong management abilities.
- Exceptional analytical abilities
- Desire to conduct, understand, and analyze research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Persuasive, charismatic, and authentic public speaking skills
- Outstanding presentation skills with experience presenting in public settings.
- Proficient in all Microsoft platforms (i.e., EXCEL, PowerPoint, Word).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years of experience in tourism, destination management or hospitality related experience in destination marketing, venue operations, destination development, hotels, consulting, and/or other related industries.
- Experience managing consulting assignments or research projects.
- Financial modeling experience, a plus.
- Excellent project management skills including managing a project to budget, time management, and team work schedules.
- Ability to travel frequently and on short notice.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL’s investment in employees’ needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 53311BR