Focus on business development and relationship building in the Associations and Travel Trade
You are a high energy, positive and self-motivated individual who is just as comfortable jumping on a plane for a sales trip as you are being in the office developing a proposal for a client. You have superb communications skills, are innovative in your sales approach and are the ultimate team player. You can adapt easily to change and thrive on creating collaborative and productive relationships with partners, customers, and internal team members. This is a great opportunity for someone who is a relationship builder and likes to work in a fast paced environment. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Sales Manager role offers an opportunity to help grow and develop Oakland’s share in both the Associations and Travel Trade in unison with the exciting new growth that is taking place in Oakland. Role includes generating room night bookings for Oakland hotels, developing client base, organizing Visit Oakland’s presence at trade shows, and escorting clients’ on-site tours and Familiarization Tours (FAMs).
- Lead Generation: Produces group business leads for the hospitality industry. This is accomplished through proactively soliciting new business through cold calls, sales blitzes, sales missions, FAMs and trade shows as well servicing calls that come to Visit Oakland.
- Tradeshow Management: Represents Oakland on show floor, collects and distribute leads to Oakland hotel partners, manages booking cycle and reports ROI.
- Relationship Building: Maintains good relationships with existing clients in the market as well as develops new relationships. Develops relationships and builds partnerships with area businesses, attractions and hotels relative to the client’s needs
- Business Development: Identifies and develops new market opportunities.
- Customer Service: Acts as liaison between meeting planners and industry partners.
- FAM Tours: Works with Sales Coordinator to plan site visits and FAM tours of Oakland.
- CRM Management: Maintains client database, tracks leads, bookings and report to DOS results on weekly basis
- Best Practices: Stays up to date on industry best practices, standards and benchmarks by, but not limited to, reading publications and attending events
- Industry Participation: Serves on industry committees and boards when appropriate as well as maintains membership in local, state, regional, and national industry organizations.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter & resume and three references to email@example.com and write Sales Manager Position in the subject line. No phone calls or walk-ins.