The Virginia Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau seeks a dynamic public relations professional to join our Marketing Communications unit, focusing on domestic and international leisure transient consumers, meetings and conventions industry and participatory sports industry. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in travel PR to assist in the strategy and development of PR programs and provide strategic/solid thinking to our internal clients. You must possess a mastery of all core public relations skills, including writing, editing, media relations, pitch development, and message development, and have experience in developing communications plans, account management and client relationship management.
- Managing day-to-day PR activities for leisure transient, meetings/conventions, group tour and sports marketing divisions
- Developing integrated marketing communications plans;
- Developing and executing media relations strategies, including identifying and developing outreach opportunities, drafting media materials and pitching to the media;
- Developing messaging and drafting stakeholder communications, including press releases, speeches, presentations, pitch materials, etc.
- Developing content and digital influencer collaborations, drafting social posts, helping manage photo / video production, etc.
- Responding appropriately and immediately to media inquiries, staff requests and concerns, and keep internal clients informed of the status of projects;
- Supervising two PR staff members (social media coordinator and content coordinator)
- Prior agency background with multiple travel/hospitality clients experience preferred
- Strong media skills and existing relationships with domestic and international top tier travel media contacts and influencers
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience using social media in communications campaigns;
- Experience with media content analysis for clients to include share of voice, tonality, key message pickup
- Understand overall destination marketing strategies and help develop strategies collaboratively with marketing personnel
- Define client challenges, lead and participate in brainstorming sessions, and evaluate creative ideas from clients